Friday, June 20, 2008

The Vineyard so far...

hey friends and family!!

So i never get on the computer..we are talking one hour a week so it is hard to blog..but i would love to share whats going on here..

The first week was orientation and so i did not have campers in my cabin. i was just rooming with a girl from mexico, north carolina and columbia..they are AMAZING! we take turns at night talking about home and we learn new things about each-others culture..its soo awesome..they are so much fun.

there are about 100 staff...i would say half are french, then a ton of mexicans and then some americans. in between there is a few columbians, a german, a guy from Kazakhstan and as the summer goes on more countries keep coming. Even the Americans are foreign to me because they are very much southern..so its a complete culture shock...but it is amazing. they only thing we have in common is that we all believe in the same God. But even with that there is different views. most of the foreign staff are catholic and i have even attended a few mass's..so interesting!

i am currently teaching swimming with a guy from mexico and germany last week and this week i taught with a mexican and a french guy. On top of teaching four hours a day i have to have my campers, get to meals on time, hike up a giant hill every morning, play tag and non stop games, sing at the top of my lungs and NEVER sleep...its getting easier though and i am learning to have to be on time...which is a new idea for me. if your late to a meal everyone knows and you get publicly called out and you have to eat last...so its soo good for me. Xtina would be so proud..

well i need to go eat a meal now..and tonight we have a dance...SOOOOO FUN...french people are the best dancers everrrrrr. major dance party..

oh and no summer romance yet..(haha)

i will try to call people on mondays and sat! love you and miss you all. please pray for my health and rest and also paticnice with campers. thanks ya'll :)

5 comments:

The Ton Face said...

Holy Crap.... A post...

Angela said...

hahaha i love that you put "xtina would be so proud."

i am proud tooo!! miss you boo.

The Ton Face said...

I am so proud of you meggs!

I'm so glad you are doing well. I still haven't gotten your letter in the mail and I was waiting until then to write you back, but I will send you updates anyways via facebook! I love you!

X-tina said...

oops, that was me above.

Marcus, Alisha, and Koehn said...

Meg:

we miss you. i am so glad you are getting to experience camp life. that is something that I wish I could have done during my college years. Baby is scheduled for a c-section on July 2nd, so you are 2 days away from becoming a real aunt! Marcus should be sending you an email of the update. Wish you the best time in NC. Love you lots!
Love you sis, Lish